Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dads Fantastic News!



Gals,
Ive been so excited this weekend with news of a more personal nature. My dad recently embraced his passion for photography and has been honing his craft this year with some pretty intensive practicing sessions. Well the news broke this week that Dad has his first exhibition booked and will be aiming to showcase his body of work before christmas in a local venue.

This is awesome news guys as Dad spent his whole life working in a different job and denying his creative streak only to revisit it after life took a new path. I'm probably his most biased biggest fan and his work really inspires me everyday so I wanted to share one of his portrait studies with you as they are so sweet.

Sophie is my only niece and my Godchild and Dad managed to capture his granddaughter in what can only be described as a really special Rembrandt-esque piece. I love the mood of both shots and the elegant line of Sophie's neck in the pic, her dance training is already evident in her posture and I love how photography captures her little mannerisms.


Well done Dad and here's to a fabulous exhibition.
We will be sure to share pictures from the night.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online